The PRI Academic Research workstream aims to engage and inform signatories and responsible investment practitioners with academic research that is thought-provoking, analyses current thinking and future trends, and provides practical recommendations.
Our priorities are determined by PRI’s strategy and signatories and with input from the Academic Network Steering Committee. These are the areas in which we work to support PRI’s goals through responsible investment research and activities that bridge the gap between academics and practitioners.
- How do organisations practice ESG integration?
- What are the barriers and enablers of ESG integration in the investment value chain? How is this communicated within organisations?
- The outcome of ESG integration – does it make a difference?
Long term investment
- Market issues and structural inefficiencies – how can the bar be raised for the investment community as a whole rather than being focused on picking winners?
- Fiduciary duty
- Behavioural finance and investment biases
- Sovereign debt and ESG criteria
- What approach works best for engagement, individual or collaborative?
- What are the barriers to acting in concert and how can they be addressed?
- The impact of engagement
- How is high performance achieved?
- How do organisations do well in responsible investment for their beneficiaries and other stakeholders?
- Risk management
- How to measure impact
- Linkages between investment and its impact
- The intention of investors and the thinking behind their investment decisions
The Academic Network
The PRI Academic Network is the engagement arm of the programme that connects practitioners and academics in a unique community of interest. It fosters a network of scholars, practitioners, policymakers and students across the Six Principles, such as encouraging research into incorporating ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes, to sharing tools, resources and best practice learning on how to enhance the effectiveness of implementing the Principles.
PRI is proud to collaborate with the following organisations:
|FSI-PRI Scholarship for Best Research on Responsible Investment|
|FIR-PRI Awards – Finance and Sustainability|
RI Quarterly showcases research insights to investment professionals. Every issue focuses on theme, with a number of papers put forward by the Academic Network Steering Committee, which are translated and distilled into articles for a practitioner audience.
|Whether you are a student, academic or an investment professional, we welcome your participation in the Network. To stay up to date, you can sign up to receive the Academic Network newsletter by using the form on the right.If you have any questions about how you can participate, please write to us at email@example.com||Subscribe to the Academic Network newsletter