The responsible investment discipline in listed equity has been a growing issue for investors, regulators and society in recent years. Despite this, there are a number of challenges that investors face in integrating ESG into investment decisions and in accessing material information from listed companies.
About the work stream
Support for implementing responsible investment within listed equities has been part of the PRI since its inception. Assistance has taken many forms over the years, including webinars, PRI in Practice articles, case studies, research reports, guidance documents and events. PRI signatories have the opportunity to participate in working group projects and contribute to the development of resources for listed equity investors.
CALL FOR INTEGRATION CASE STUDIES FROM ASSET OWNERS AND INVESTMENT MANAGERS
The Listed Equity work stream has started work on a new publication which will build on the success of the Integrated Analysis publication by providing insight into how asset owners and investment managers are integrating ESG factors today. In addition, we plan to release integration case studies through a quarterly series.
If you would like to submit a case study proposal to be published by the PRI, please contact me by email Justin.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +44 (0) 20 3714 3178.
Resources listed may require PRI signatory extranet access.
- The PRI Clearinghouse is a key resource for investors in listed equity. Investors can use its global collaborative platform to share information on engagement activities with listed companies and to collaborate with other signatories.
- Do ESG megatrends influence investment decisions? (March 2015)
- Materiality of ESG KPIs: A Perspective from Brazil and Summary Report (March 2015)
- Integrated Analysis: How investors are addressing environmental, social and governance factors in fundamental equity valuation (February 2013)
- Aligning Expectations: Guidance for asset owners on incorporating ESG factors into manager selection, appointment and monitoring (February 2013)
- PRI and UNEP FI joint publication Universal ownership: Why environmental externalities matter to institutional investors (April 2011)
- Responsible investment in passive management strategies (February 2011)
- BNP Paribas Investment: Using ESG research to create value
- SAM: How to integrate sustainability factors into financial valuations
- Threadneedle Asset Management: An organically grown integration process
- FRR: Incorporating ESG when selecting both passive and active mainstream equity managers
- ESG Investor Briefing | Norsk Hydro
- ESG Investor Briefing | Eni
- ESG Investor Briefing | Pirelli
- ESG Investor Briefing | Enel
- ESG Investor Briefing | SAP
- Credit quality and climate change policy in the US
- Engagement as a mechanism to change investee ESG practices
- Arms Trade Treaty: Establishing common international standards for arms trading
- Law and policy on responsible investment
- Social factors: What to look for and how to quantify them