28 May at 9am BST (suitable for Europe and Asia Pacific)
29 May at 5pm BST (suitable for US)
Sustainable sourcing and production of palm oil remains a key environmental issue on the radar of many investors. The PRI is hosting an introductory conference call to update all signatories on the next phase of its collaborative engagement in this area, which is focused on producers.
This call will include:
- Introductory briefing from Mark Mills (Director, Generation Investment Management and chair of the investor working group on sustainable palm oil)
- History of the collaborative engagement
- Industry developments
- Business case for engaging with producers
- An update from two investors Piet Klop (PGGM) and Yoo-Kyung Park (APG) on their experiences in engaging with palm oil producers in South East Asia.
- An outline of the support provided by the PRI for the engagement and expectation for investors who wish to participate.
Signatories who wish to participate should contact Paul Chandler for details.