On Monday 2 June 2014, the PRI was pleased to host a webinar presenting a new publication by the Property Working Group of the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI).
Click here for a recording of the webinar.
Sustainability Metrics: Translation and Impact on Property Investment and Management provides a framework for a corporate real estate sustainability management (CRESM) system for property investment and management organisations, and offers a pragmatic three level approach (corporate, portfolio and single building level) that aims to help the industry manage the complexity of sustainability metrics and to organise information flows more efficiently.
Led by the Property Working Group of UNEP FI and developed by the Centre for Real Estate at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), the report was brought about through the support of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC) and the PRI.
Introductory remarks from the the PRI and the UNEP FI
- Akif Chaudhry, Senior Manager, PRI property programme
- Yuki Yasui, Deputy Head, UNEP Finance Initiative
Presentation of the report
- Frank Hovorka, Responsible Property Director, Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations, and UNEP FI Property Working Group Co-Chair
Reactions from the industry and Q&A
Felipe Gordillo, SRI Senior Analyst, BNP Paribas Investment Partners
- James Gray-Donald, Vice President, Bentall Kennedy
Ursula Hartenberger, Global Head of Sustainability, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Sarah Sayce, Head of School of Surveying, Kingston University, PWG Advisor
- Moderated by Tatiana Bosteels, Head of Responsible Property Investment, Hermes Real Estate, and UNEP FI Property Working Group Co-Chair