In order to become a signatory to the UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment, please follow these three steps.
On the frequently asked questions page, read the section “Who can sign?”.
i. Confirm your organisation’s approval of the Principles by submitting the relevant declaration below on your company’s letterhead, signed by your CEO (or equivalent). If you invest in inclusive finance and would like to sign the Principles for Investors in Inclusive Finance (PIIF), please also submit this declaration with your application. More information about the PIIF can be found here.
- Declaration for Asset Owners
- Declaration for Investment Managers
- Declaration for Professional Service Partners
Frequently asked questions
ii. Provide your organisation’s details and contact information.
- Application for Asset Owners
- Application for Investment Managers
- Application for Professional Service Providers
- To review our signatory type and asset class definitions to help you complete your form, please see our Reporting Framework guidance (pages 10 & 11 for type of organisation and pages 19 – 21 for asset classes), which can be found here.
iii. Provide an organisation chart, showing the different legal entities within your organisation structure.
iv. Email your completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have submitted your application it will be reviewed by the Secretariat. We aim to process applications within two weeks, depending on whether we come back to you with any queries, and once provisionally approved we will send you an invoice for your PRI fee. Please note the fee will be pro-rated to the end of March. You can find our fee scales here.
Once payment is received, your application will be approved and you will receive an official welcome message confirming your status as a signatory including:
- Instructions on how to register for access to the signatory extranet*
- A link to the PRI’s logo for use on your website
- A link to sign up for an introductory call*
- An invoice for your annual membership fee
*An unlimited number of staff are able to join the introductory call and register for access to the signatory extranet.