The PRI Initiative is seeking a Chair of its peak governance body, the Advisory Council. The 16-person Council is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the Initiative, and is made up of CIOs, CEOs and trustee directors of signatory institutions, and the Executive Directors of the UN Environment Programme and the UN Global Compact. The Chair leads the work and deliberations of the Council, guiding the organisation towards achieving its Mission of promoting responsible approaches to investment and moving towards a more sustainable financial system. The role will involve representing the Initiative at high level engagements and events, helping to open doors, and exercising influence in support of the PRI’s Mission. The Chair also serves on the Board of UN Global Compact in an ex-officio role.
The Chair will utilise extensive experience, skills and collaborative leadership capabilities to facilitate the governance processes through the Council. The time commitment of the role is estimated at 25-30 days per year. Remuneration is competitive for a non-profit organisation, and all travel costs are covered.
Expressions of interest are invited from people with the following attributes:
- Experience of chairing complex boards and guiding change
- A person of international standing who is able to influence senior business people and policy makers
- A broad network of senior contacts amongst asset owners, investment managers and others in associated industries
- Confirmed communication skills and the ability to convey a complex message to a diverse range of audiences
- Genuine interest in responsible investment and sustainable capitalism
- A high level understanding of the investment management industry
For more information and details of how to apply, click here.