- LOCATION: London
- DURATION: Twelve-month fixed contract
- CLOSING DATE: 21 September
Climate Action 100+ is a new five-year initiative led by investors to engage systemically important greenhouse gas emitters and other companies across the global economy that have significant opportunities to drive the clean energy transition and help achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement. To date, 289 investors with more than US $30 trillion in assets under management have signed on to the initiative.
This role will support the steering committee that governs the Climate Action 100+. This committee is made up of the five coordinating partner organisations and five investor representatives (AIGCC, AustralianSuper, CalPERS, Ceres, IGCC, IIGCC, Ircantec, HSBC Global Asset Management, Manulife Asset Management and the PRI).
The successful candidate will be employed by the PRI, but work for and report to the Climate Action 100+ initiative.
Steering committee support
- Respond to signatories’ enquiries, directly and through referrals to the appropriate network organisation
- Support communications between regional networks, including collection and summary of partner organisations’ activity
- Liaise with regional coordinators and working group chairs to track and report to the steering committee on the status of the global work plan
- Support the chair/vice chair in development and preparation
- Facilitate chair/vice chair calls with steering committee members and working group coordinators (scheduling, notetaking)
- Facilitate internal communication among steering committee members and steering committee member deputies in between meetings
- Record and provide minutes for steering committee meetings
- Summarise steering committee decisions/outcomes for the relevant working groups, noting required responses and actions where applicable
- Make requests to working group coordinators to submit agenda items for development of full steering committee meeting agendas
- Collect and distribute meeting materials three days in advance of steering committee meetings
- Maintain meeting materials as appropriate, and house on Sharepoint site
- Maintain chair/vice chair action log (tracking items, discussions)
Working group coordinators support
- Record minutes of working group meetings
- Maintain official record of working group decisions and action items
- Support working group coordinators on implementation of decisions/action items, including but not limited to: updates to the initiative’s website and the online investor hub of the initiative
The employee will provide neutral support service to the governance system of the Climate Action 100+.