Date: Wednesday, 13 December 2023
Time: 14:00 - 15:00 CET
Addressing nature and climate solutions in an integrated way can be seen as a fundamental risk management approach. By integrating biodiversity into climate change activities, financial institutions aim to address both themes in an efficient way, helping them to minimise resources while increasing positive impacts. But the integration of biodiversity into climate change requires an in-depth understanding of how the two topics are linked and interplay with each other in regard to synergies and trade-offs, the so-called nexus.
This webinar is aimed at banks, institutional investors and insurers at the beginning of their journey in addressing nature loss, this webinar will introduce how nature is connected to climate change and finance and the other way around, as well as key concepts and initiatives. It will give recommendations to include nature into existing climate change frameworks and approaches and will discuss how financial institutions can start implementing the TNFD framework.
- Anita de Horde, Co-founding Executive Director at Finance for Biodiversity Foundation
- Deepshikha Singh, Head of Stewardship at Group La Française
- Hirotaka Hideshima, Counsellor on Global Strategy, Nochubank
- Jean-Francois Coppenolle, Investment Director Climate and ESG at Abeille Assurances
- Shipra Gupta, Investment Stewardship Lead, Responsible Investment Strategy and Execution at Scottish Widows