In an unprecedented collaboration, the PRI together with the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) held a full day conference in Melbourne, exploring the issues and opportunities of sustainable finance in shaping a resilient and sustainable Australian economy. In addition, we were pleased to present the Australian Sustainable Finance Initiative inaugural roadmap.
Close to 300 professionals from the finance industry came together to hear from leading Australian experts, practitioners and corporations. The theme ‘Towards a Resilient and Sustainable Economy’ was echoed by delegates throughout the event.
Please click below to download some of the presentations from the conference:
- Opening Speech: Tim Pallas MP
- Keynote 1: Update on ASFI and the NZ Sustainable Finance Forum, Jacki Johnson, Simon O’Connor and Matt Whineray
- Keynote 2: Transforming Australia - SDG Progress Report, Prof. John Thwaites
- Keynote 4: Climate Action, Mark Fulton
- Plenary 4: Australian Human Rights - Global Developments and Lessons for Australia, Fiona Reynolds
You can also find links to useful materials on the topics that were presented below:
Keynote 1: Update on ASFI and the NZ Sustainable Finance Forum
ASFI: Progress Report
Plenary 2: SDGs - The State of Play
Global Compact Network Australia ASFI Progress Report
Plenary 4: Australian Human Rights
2. ACSI & RIAA: Modern Slavery Reporting Guide
4. Australian National Contact Point: OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
5. Attorney-General’s Department: Commonwealth Modern Slavery Act 2018
If you would like to read a summary of the conference by the event host National Australian bank, click here.