- LOCATION: London, North America, Europe
- BASIS: Full Time ideally - (Flexibility)
- SALARY: c85K
This new and exciting position will make a material contribution to the development of programs and content to empower asset owners fulfil their commitments to the Six PRI Principles - a crucial piece of PRI’s current and future strategy.
This is a high profile position which will lead and develop thought leadership in the area - shaping research, analysis and guidance on all technical aspects of responsible investment for asset owners. The successful candidate will need to utilize their extensive experience in asset owner practices to influence, educate and challenge owners around existing, new and developing RI standards and practices. They will be one of small group of go to people within the organisation on asset owners. The successful candidate will need to be the ‘go to’ individual - contributing to improving the value of programmes and guides across the organisation.
They will be driving changes in RI practice across the industry, contributing to improving the value of programmes and guides across the organization and working with other PRI teams to maximize the impact other programs. This opportunity is with PRI’s Investor Practices team and the appointment is part of a significant strengthening of the IP team over the last 18 months.
- Be recognised as a leader in the field of RI among asset owners. You will significantly contribute to PRI’s profile among the global asset owner community.
- Keep abreast of market-wide developments, building on existing career experience
- Be a spokesperson for the PRI. This could include at events, with the press or other senior level contact and exchanges
- Maintain open exchange and dialogue with key external stakeholders, including PRI asset owner signatories, Advisory Committee members, external think tanks, research institutes and industry initiatives that contribute to and are aligned with PRI’s strategic objectives
- For the right candidate, we are open to discussing various working arrangements and locations.
- With the Chief Responsible Investment Officer, the IP Director, signatory relation team and other appropriate Directors, build and improve the strategy to drive PRI’s work in among asset owners. This position will involve a lot of collaboration and cooperation.
- Provide the vision and drive to develop new programmes and projects aimed at asset owners.
- Contribute expertise to PRI’s excellent guides and tools and help develop and improve research across PRI’s Content team.
- Plays a key role in contributing to the delivery of PRI’s 3 year strategy on Asset Owners including on-going technical programmes on policy, mandate design, selection, appointment and monitoring.
- Ensure delivery against the IP team’s responsibilities under the business plan and in line with budget, including through working with and supporting other teams across PRI
Team and Collaboration
- Work with individuals and other teams across PRI developing and delivering programmes, guides, tools and events on RI and asset owners. This role will involve significant collaboration and consensus building among internal and external audiences.
- Provide programme oversight and help the content team fulfil their potential and deliver high quality programmes that are valued by the signatory base.
- Provide regular reporting to the Director of IP and Chief Responsible Investment Officer as required.
PRI expects roles at an ‘Expert level’ within the organisation to demonstrate management skills across the following core competencies:
- Provides expert insights to internal and external audiences
- Offers high-value, innovative ideas in all situations
- Uses expertise to offer robust alternative solutions or guidance
- Constructively challenges ideas and outputs with the aim of improving them
- Is attuned to the aims of the PRI and of Signatories/other stakeholders and understands how to deliver optimum solutions that work for all
- Thinks and encourages others to think holistically about the business
- Recognises, and knows how to work with, key influencers both internally and externally
- Understands when and how own insights and experience are valuable to the PRI and its work
- Develops and maintains strong relationships across the organisation and allows own expertise to be utilised through these networks
- A trusted expert with the ability to add value wherever required
- Drives knowledge sharing across the organisation
- Spots opportunities for collaboration and capitalises on them
- Deepens the knowledge and understanding of all relevant stakeholders by conveying complex issues in an easy to understand manner
- Provides impactful, value-added advice to whomever needs it
- Eloquently articulates complex matters to audiences that may not be fully conversant in the subject matter
- Uses specialist knowledge to influence and inspire others
- Diligently maintains and utilises external networks as a means of furthering own knowledge to apply at the PRI
- Acts as a coach and/or mentor to other members of staff
- Creates opportunities to share expertise with others to allow them to learn, grow and succeed
- Acts as an agent for change by proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Takes a continuous learning approach to every aspect of work
- Intervenes with pragmatic recommendations for improvement where required
- Uses own assessment of external developments to incorporate into organisational activities and priorities
- Identifies where own expertise can add value within work plans and activities across the organisation
- Rigorously delivers against project plans, involving all relevant colleagues along the way
Technical Competencies & Experience
- Extensive career experience working in, or with, asset owners and have a pre-existing network within this community.
- The candidate might come from an investment consultancy or similar organisation.
- The candidate might also have in-depth knowledge experience working with other asset owners groups such as insurers, pension funds or sovereign wealth funds.
- These roles will probably include experience in or knowledge of the integration of responsible investment into asset owners practices.
- Proven track record of writing, contributing to and producing public analysis and reports on relevant to asset owners and RI
- Able to provide examples of innovation within previous roles
- Experience in building cross team consensus and agreement enabling the delivery of team or programme objectives.
- Well-developed people management skills and experience working with management at senior levels.
- Proven ability to work with multiple teams when delivering projects
- Strong networking, relationship management and interpersonal skills at a senior level.
- Ability to support decision-making in diverse, multi-stakeholder groups.
- A collaborative and consultative approach to working with others, committed to working in an inclusive working environment
- Experience in building a social media presence, undertaking public presentations and hosting webinars is desirable
- This is a global role and international travel will be required
- Language skills, other than English, are desirable
- We will consider international candidates who not based in PRI’s central office in London.