- LOCATION: Paris
- CLOSING DATE: 4 February 2019
- SALARY: circa €62,000
The Network Manager, Signatory Relations in France (France SR) will be working towards enhancing responsible investment awareness and providing investors with the tools to implement it in their investment process in the French market.
The role involves contributing to the PRI’s recruitment and signatory coverage. In addition, the France SR will provide support to the Director of Continental Europe on the Francophone Programme. There will be scope for regular domestic and occasional international travel primarily for signatory meetings, industry events and internal meetings.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Continental Europe based in Paris, and work closely with other PRI colleagues in the UK.
- Awareness: raising awareness about the materiality of ESG issues for investment processes among asset owners, investment managers and service providers.
- Signatory servicing and stakeholder relationships: Enhance France signatory implementation and satisfaction, through successful new signatory on-boarding, signatory review meetings, reporting and assessment sessions, development sessions and other PRI-supported events. Strengthen relationships with key targeted stakeholders in France, to support the development of responsible investment locally.
- Outreach: target for recruitment to the PRI public and corporate pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, endowments/foundations, as well as key asset managers and consultants.
- Other projects: assist on strategic and/or ad hoc projects that are consistent with overall Signatory Relations team or PRI objectives as needed.
- Events: represent the PRI at relevant events to help raise the organisation’s profile in the France and help showcase relevant recent research, initiatives and guides.
- Signatory Relations team: aid overall team effectiveness by contributing to Signatory Relations monthly team meetings, for example with respect to asset owner recruitment and coverage.
- Collaboration with other PRI teams: develop strong working relationships with the PRI’s other teams on French market-related issues, especially Reporting & Assessment, Investment Practices and Policy & Research.
Technical competencies and requirements:
- At least five years’ experience in the asset management and/or financial sector.
- Strong interest in responsible investment, sustainability, environmental, social and governance issues, and their overall impact on long term investment outcomes and society.
- Business development and relationship management skills, preferably within the financial sector, or within other service-based industries, such as management consulting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French; demonstrable experience in leading meetings and pitches to investment executives at all levels and their trustees/boards.
- Good team player, with experience working internationally and a strong partnership ethos; willingness to work both independently and closely with London-based colleagues to deliver mutually agreed solutions supporting the PRI’s agenda.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification; Master’s degree in one or more relevant fields and/or a recognised investment qualification preferable.
- At least intermediate knowledge of relevant IT (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and/or Salesforce).
Please apply here.