- LOCATION: Hybrid · Dubai, UAE
- BASIS: Permanent full-time
- SALARY: 477,000 – 562,000 AED
- CLOSING DATE: 8:00pm, 24th Dec 2023 GMT
The Head of Responsible Investment for MENA RI Ecosystems will have the overall responsibility for enhancing Responsible Investment awareness and practises across the Middle East and North African region. Responsible for setting the strategy on how best to develop the local responsible investment ecosystems as well as for the coordination and local implementation of global PRI initiatives to drive progressive signatory action.
This incorporates convening signatories and stakeholders in individual markets, supporting signatory progression through outreach and advice, and supporting meaningful policy outreach within those markets.
The role also involves the management of the PRI’s recruitment of new signatories and the coverage of our existing signatory base in the region. The role requires understanding of the local policy and regulation and to work closely with our policy team colleagues in creating an enabling environment conducive to better RI practises.
Domestic and occasional international travel will be required primarily for signatory meetings, industry events and internal meetings. This role reports to the Director of the region
In addition, the Head will work closely with both the Head of Africa and the Head of India, other Heads across Emerging Markets and the Director for the region to provide strategic direction and support within and across PRI teams. There are currently no team management responsibilities however management of a MENA Responsible Investment Manager could be required in the future.
- Raise awareness of Responsible Investment amongst regional asset owners, investment managers, service providers and other PRI stakeholders.
- Outreach/Growth: target the recruitment of new signatories amongst public and corporate pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, endowments/foundations as well as key investment managers and investment consultants as per agreed strategic targets.
- Signatory engagement: build relationships with strategic signatories important to the overall successful development of the local RI ecosystem. This can be achieved through a combination of 1:1 and group signatory meetings, Reporting and Assessment sessions/Communities of Practice and other PRI-supported events.
- Stakeholders: Strengthen relationships with key targeted stakeholders in the region to support the development of responsible investment locally
- Team Collaboration: Aid in the overall team effectiveness by contributing to team meetings and by collaborating with other country heads and responsible investment Managers within the Emerging Market region and across other regional RI Ecosystem teams and the wider organisation.
- Working across PRI: Initiate and strengthen working relationships with PRI’s other teams on local market-related issues, serving as the PRI’s expert in the region; in particular, working with Policy, Sustainable Systems and Investor Initiatives, ensuring the latest PRI tools and guidance are taken to the local signatory base as appropriate.
- Projects/Working Groups: Contribute to and in some cases lead the ongoing delivery of any specific working group or ad hoc projects that have been assigned to enhance the understanding of key local market issues and players amongst colleagues. A key example of this could be contribution to the ‘Just Transition’ working group at an organisation level.
- Events: Represent PRI at relevant events to help raise the organisation’s profile in the region, network across the local RI ecosystem and help showcase relevant recent research, initiatives and guidance.
- Local Market Business plans: Prepare and deliver the MENA regional business plan and budget that contributes to the overall RI Ecosystems strategic objectives as well as those of the broader PRI. This will include providing a clear picture of the local market via provision of data, knowledge of local trends etc.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to more junior members of the RI Ecosystems team, including sharing technical knowledge and expertise where appropriate.
- Leadership skills (including role-modelling positive behaviours, being genuine and vulnerable, driving change and making things happen) and the ability to think strategically and systemically and act for the long-term benefit of the organisation
Ability to influence decisions at a senior level and change the behaviour of others both internally and externally. Possess well developed emotional intelligence and diplomacy skills enabling them to build their unique brand/profile.
- Excellent business development skills including the ability to investigate growth opportunities using active listening and powerful questioning to understand stakeholder needs, provide solutions and influence outcomes
- Excellent networking, influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong and productive relationships and demonstrate credibility at a senior level as a trusted partner in different circumstances (remote/in-person or internal/external) with a clear understanding of what drives people and how to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Strong verbal (including public speaking) and written communications skills in English. Ability to engage and motivate, present complex information and lead meetings with senior stakeholders. Strong facilitation skills. Diplomacy, tact, and ability to build consensus within diverse perspectives.
- Subject matter expertise and understanding of ESG and the broader finance space, notably around the sustainable finance agenda and responsible investment issues (ESG disclosure and data, reporting standards, corporate governance etc.) within the MENA region.
We particularly welcome candidates from under-represented groups, including Black, Asian, and other People of Colour, those with visible or non-visible disabilities, LGBTQ+ candidates and those who are neurodivergent.
The PRI is committed to offering flexibility to our employees, both formal (e.g. part-time work) and informal (e.g. a shift in hours to accommodate caring responsibilities). Please talk to us about how we could make this role flexible for you.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.