- LOCATION: Europe/London
- SALARY: c35k
The PRI has a well-established programme to promote and support RI across asset classes. We are looking for a dynamic professional interested in building a career in the RI industry. The candidate will gain a broad range of experience across a number of asset classes and have contact with a range of global signatories. The role sits within PRI’s Investment Practices team where the Analyst would assist the Head of Fixed Income (FI) to implement, execute and administer the strategy and its associated projects to promote and support responsible investment practices in debt capital markets.
The successful candidate will have experience in FI markets, a flexible approach to tasks, be proactive, and possess excellent written and verbal communications skills. You will be working with a growing team and alongside a number of experts in their field.
- Conducting research on topics relating to a range of financial instruments and issues , within the investment practices (IP) department, primarily focusing on debt capital markets.
- Help develop, write and analyse case studies, guidelines and reports.
- Run advisory committees, including setting up agendas, preparing minutes and ensuring timely follow ups.
- Supporting the FI team in ensuring that its work is communicated effectively to both external and internal audiences.
- Organising external events (such as roundtables, webinars, panel sessions etc.), including managing the communication with speakers, content preparation and follow ups.
- Manage the process of team communications (through the PRI newsletters, ad-hoc signatory updates and internal communications) and dealing with signatory queries related to the FI workstreams.
- Liaising internally on administrative issues including management of Salesforce database, overseeing and co-ordinating IP contribution on the PRI website and the PRI collaboration platforms.
PRI expects the Analyst role to perform at the at an ‘Associate level’ within the PRI competency framework to demonstrate skills across the following core skills:
- Understands, and always works towards, the mission and the aims of the PRI
- Is curious about what is happening in other parts of the PRI
- Is Signatory centric – seeks to understand, listen and respond to Signatory needs
- Understands own teams’ objectives and seeks to internalise them in own activities
- Understands who does what at the PRI and uses the knowledge to complete activities
- Approachable, credible and willing whenever engaging with colleagues
- Actively and appropriately seeks input from others
- Focuses on interacting with colleagues in a positive and open manner
- Listens to what colleagues are saying, considers from different perspectives and tailor’s responses accordingly
- Writes succinctly and clearly tailoring level of detail to the requirements of the end user
- Communicates clearly and precisely and able to convey thinking comprehensively
- Provides regular, clear and concise communications to manager, colleagues or other relevant people to keep updated on activities
- Structures and prepares well-written, logical outputs with limited guidance and editing
- Demonstrates self-awareness actively seeks feedback from others and acts upon it
- Explores new ideas with an inquisitive mind
- Questions the status quo and suggests new ideas
- Seeks out opportunities to drive continuous improvements in ways of working
- Open-minded attitude which welcomes change and new ideas
- Prioritises and organises time effectively, focussing on the key organisational priorities
- Develops ways of working and processes to execute and improve efficiency across the PRI
- Methodically tackles problems, working with colleagues where necessary
- Takes account of the needs of other colleagues and/or Signatories when considering how to execute a piece of work
- Promotes and utilises effective project management skills
Technical Competencies & Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or similar level professional qualification. A Master’s degree is desirable. Familiarity with micro and macroeconomics.
- Demonstrable two-year experience – at least – of working in FI markets is essential as well as good knowledge of different FI products. This could be from a range of roles with asset managers, asset owners or on the sell-side. It might also have been gained from roles in a credit rating agency or a consultancy working for institutional investors.
- Understanding of the fundamental considerations in investment management and capital markets.
- Familiarity with integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) consideration in specific FI asset class valuations (either in corporate, sovereign, sub sovereign or structured products) is an advantage.
- Excellent written communication and verbal presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team.
- A collaborative and consultative approach to working with others, fostering an inclusive working environment.
- Good project management skills.
- Comfortable communicating to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience of synthesising information to produce structured outputs.
- Ability to understand and work in international and multi-lingual contexts.
- Experience of Microsoft suite necessary and of Salesforce an advantage.
- Language skills, other than English, are desirable.