- LOCATION: London
- BASIS: Full-time - Permanent
- SALARY: £60,000 - £65,000
- CLOSING DATE: 5:00pm, 21st Nov 2021 GMT
The mission of the Reporting and Assessment team at PRI is to provide a framework and platform where signatories can easily report and share their responsible investment activities, view analysis and historical reports, and manage their access to the platform.
PRI are looking for an experienced quality assurance and test lead, to join the technology team and work closely with the Reporting and Assessment team in delivering the 2023 reporting platform. The successful candidate will ensure quality standards are met and a testing process is implemented. This person should be familiar with the full STLC, regression and backward compatibility test approaches and implementing automation testing frameworks and writing tests.
This role is a great and exciting opportunity to join a small and dynamic technology team, responsible for supporting the largest responsible investment reporting platform. The successful candidate will play a critical part in the successful delivery of the Reporting and Assessment Platform for 2023, working closely with the Project manager, R&A Leads, Service Delivery and Third-Party partners, ensuring all quality gates have been met and a testing governance has been implemented in supporting PRI in their successful delivery of all future projects.
- Assist the Project Manager by working closely with them on scoping out testing requirements in all stages of planning.
- Scope out the testing framework and process as part of the R&A Project.
- Support the test analysts on standard testing practices.
- Identify risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies around the testing requirements.
- Prepare test plans and generate test cases for all the scenarios identified in the planning stages.
- Ensure acceptance criteria are written for all deliverables and signed off by the product owners.
- Identify the scope of functional and non-functional testing for all stages of the release.
- Co-ordinate testing requirements with all third-party suppliers.
- Raise and report on defects and re-test bug fixes.
- Ensure all documentation is produced and approvals obtained in line with quality assurance practices.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to more junior members of the team, including sharing technical knowledge and expertise where appropriate
- Support the Chief Technology Officer in delivering against the team’s business plan and budget
PRI expects roles at a ‘Senior Specialist level’ within the organisation to demonstrate skills across the following core competencies:
- Looks for opportunities to add value by sharing specialist knowledge and insights
- Broadens the view to consider all possible options even if they initially seem unlikely solutions
- Can effectively capture and structure ill-defined or vague problems and is comfortable handling uncertainty (in own work and that of team members)
- Considers examples outside of the PRI in offering alternative solutions or guidance
- Demonstrates an understanding of the business, including its finances, mission and its culture
- Identifies and utilises key relationships (both internal and external) for successful execution of project or piece of work
- Knows when and how to challenge senior managers
- Applies industry knowledge and understanding of external influences, coupled with an appreciation of PRI mission and strategy to inform decisions
- Demonstrates ability to build good working relationships at all levels
- Drives collaboration within projects or work programmes to deliver high quality outputs
- Aligns expectations with senior managers to reach agreement
- Promotes knowledge sharing across the organisation
- Flexes style and approach based on colleagues’ level of understanding and preferences
- Independently delivers well-structured, logical outputs that deliver maximum impact with minimum editing
- Presents advice or recommendations within the context of the recipient’s area of focus to gain buy-in
- Improves the knowledge of senior managers by making complex specialist principles easy to understand
- Appreciates the impact of their communication on others, modifying behaviour and communication style to work in different situations
- Shares specialist knowledge openly with others, creating opportunities for others to learn, grow and succeed
- Builds an environment within the PRI which values forward thinking, creative solutions and innovation
- Is active in specialist networks as a means of furthering own knowledge and applying at the PRI
- Uses good questioning skills in a way that causes others to think about their approach
- Prioritises where contributes own time based on the value it would deliver
- Uses project management and oversight of individual work processes to improve organisational performance
- Continuously monitors external developments to incorporate into own work activities
- Translates project objectives into own work plans
Technical Competencies & Experience:
- Proven background in software testing of web-based applications and big data projects.
- Experience with data migration testing methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of software testing procedures and skilled in test planning, test estimation, prioritisation and risk-based testing.
- Experience working with ITIL framework.
- Evidence of implementing testing governance, standards and best practices.
- Solid understanding of IT software.
- Practical experience working with the Agile methodology.
- Knowledge and Experience of test automation.
- Performance and Penetration testing experience desirable.
- Knowledge of Big Data testing tools
- Proficient at writing SQL Database queries
- Experience with working with organisations with a strong SDLC process.
- Knowledge of APIs and use of API Tools (Postman/SOAPUI)
- ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing desirable
- IEEE standards of Testing Documentation desirable
- Salesforce experience desirable
- Self-starter and ability to learn quickly
- Excellent written communication and verbal presentation skills
- A collaborative and consultative approach to working with others, the ability to foster an inclusive working environment
- Advanced analytical skills, problem solving, good critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- A natural communicator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Solid programme management skills, with experience in delivering successfully, including directing others that may not be your direct reports
- As this is a global role, please be mindful of operating in different time zones.