- LOCATION: Sydney or Melbourne Australia
- DURATION: Permanent
- SALARY: Circa $75,000 - 105,000 AUD
The ‘Australasia Network Manager’ (Aus NM) will be part of the Australasia Signatory Relations (SR) team, currently composed of two members. The Australasia Network Manager will be working towards enhancing Responsible Investment awareness and providing investors with the tools to implement it in their investment process in the Australasia market. The role involves contributing to PRI’s recruitment and signatory coverage. There will be scope for regular domestic and occasional international travel primarily for signatory meetings, industry events and internal meetings. The successful candidate will work closely with other PRI colleagues in the UK.
- Awareness: raising awareness about the materiality of ESG issues for investment processes among asset owners, investment managers and service providers.
- Signatory servicing and Stakeholder relationships: Enhance Australasia signatory implementation and satisfaction, through successful new signatory on-boarding, signatory review meetings, reporting and assessment sessions, development sessions and other PRI-supported events. Strengthen relationships with key targeted stakeholders in the Australasia, to support the development of responsible investment locally.
- Outreach: Target for recruitment to the PRI public and corporate pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, endowments/foundations, as well as key asset managers and consultants.
- Other projects: Assist on strategic and/or ad hoc projects that are consistent with overall Signatory Relations team or PRI objectives as needed.
- Events: Represent PRI at relevant events to help raise the organisation’s profile in the Australasia and help showcase relevant recent research, initiatives and guides.
- Signatory Relations team: Aid overall team effectiveness by contributing to Signatory Relations monthly team meetings, for example with respect to asset owner recruitment and coverage.
- Collaboration with other PRI teams: Develop strong working relationships with PRI’s other teams on Australasia market-related issues, especially Reporting & Assessment, Investment Practices and Policy & Research.
- Proactively offers impartial specialist knowledge, insights or input
- Uses business/ specialist knowledge and analysis to identify issues, applying fact-based insight to develop and evaluate solutions or solve issues
- Maintains a professional and impartial stance in assessing all information which feeds into decision making
- Balances rigour with pragmatism in conducting analyses that are fit for purpose
- Effectively reviews and quality-checks all analyses
- Focuses on maximising Signatory or operational value and driving PRI outcomes
- Actively keeps up-to-date with developments both within the organisation and within area of specialism
- Balances the internal needs of the PRI and that of Signatory Organisations to deliver outputs
- Understands how own area of specialism drives value to the PRI and meets its mission
- Builds consensus and trust with all that engage with
- Is responsive to feedback proactively following up to ensure any issues are resolved
- Where requested, engages with colleagues to gain a broader understanding of issues and seeks to respond to or resolve them
- Provides specialist knowledge and insights to colleagues where requested
- Translates specialist information or provides technical expertise in a clear and understandable format
- Clarifies matters by absorbing and understanding relevant information and feeding them back in concise terms
- Uses effective listening and questioning to enhance understanding of complex issues
- Engages the recipient using their language, tailoring communication style for the audience
- Actively seeks opportunities to enhance specialist knowledge/ experience
- Constantly reviews own work with the aim of improving outputs
- Applies knowledge or experience to question practices and suggest alternatives
- Actively seeks and shares feedback wherever possible, as a means of improvement
- Uses best practice identified through external networks or evolutions in the field of specialism
- Has a strong sense of execution and delivery, working to agreed deadlines, involving relevant colleagues and allowing enough time for review and quality assurance
- Regularly monitors and reports on progress of work, providing regular updates as appropriate
- Takes a methodical approach to how specialist or technical knowledge is acquired and, distributed (where necessary)
- Captures knowledge at the end of each project/ process/activity, to use and share
Technical Competencies & Requirements:
- Experience in the asset management and/or financial sector, preferably within the Asset Owner community.
- Strong interest in responsible investment, sustainability, environmental, social and governance issues, and their overall impact on long term investment outcomes and society.
- Business development and relationship management skills, preferably within the financial sector, or within other service-based industries, such as management consulting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; demonstrable experience in leading meetings and pitches to investment executives at all levels and their trustees/Boards.
- Good team player, with experience working internationally and a strong partnership ethos; willingness to work both independently and closely with London-based colleagues to deliver mutually agreed solutions supporting PRI’s agenda.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification; Master’s degree in one or more relevant fields and/or a recognised investment qualification preferable.
- At least intermediate knowledge of relevant IT (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and/or Salesforce).