- LOCATION: London
- BASIS: Permanent, full-time
- REPORTING TO: Managing Editor
- SALARY: up to £35,000 p.a.
The Report Editor will work closely with colleagues across the organisation to enhance the structure and style of written materials, ensuring that their goals are effectively communicated to a diverse audience including investors, policy makers, academics and the media. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for objectives and audiences, and meticulous attention to detail. Existing knowledge of how financial markets operate and impact the world will be helpful.
- Work with research teams on developing the structure and writing style of documents to ensure clear, concise and engaging publications that communicate their message effectively to the desired audience and thus achieve their desired impact.
- Work with design and digital production teams to guide the look and feel of published content.
- Provide editorial expertise to ad-hoc projects as required.
- Contribute to broader Communications team activities and priorities.
- Provide regular reporting to the Manging Editor and Director of Communications as required.
PRI expects roles at a ‘Associate level’ within the organisation to demonstrate skills across the following core competencies:
- Incorporates the fullest range of information available into analysis and decision making
- Uses appropriate technical processes/systems to develop and evaluate options in an effective and time-efficient manner
- Assimilates data to draws out relevant insights and findings from analyses
- Identifies opportunities and risks to feed into decision making
- Presents analyses in an appropriate format providing clear and concise recommendations
- Understands, and always works towards, the mission and the aims of the PRI
- Is curious about what is happening in other parts of the PRI
- Is Signatory centric – seeks to understand, listen and respond to Signatory needs
- Understands own teams’ objectives and seeks to internalise them in own activities
- Understands who does what at the PRI and uses the knowledge to complete activities
- Approachable, credible and willing whenever engaging with colleagues
- Actively and appropriately seeks input from others
- Focuses on interacting with colleagues in an positive and open manner
- Listens to what colleagues are saying, considers from different perspectives and tailor’s responses accordingly
- Writes succinctly and clearly tailoring level of detail to the requirements of the end user
- Communicates clearly and precisely and able to convey thinking comprehensively
- Provides regular, clear and concise communications to manager, colleagues or other relevant people to keep updated on activities
- Structures and prepares well-written, logical outputs with limited guidance and editing
- Demonstrates self-awareness: actively seeks feedback from others and acts upon it
- Explores new ideas with an inquisitive mind
- Questions the status quo and suggests new ideas
- Seeks out opportunities to drive continuous improvements in ways of working
- Open-minded attitude which welcomes change and new ideas
- Prioritises and organises time effectively, focussing on the key organisational priorities
- Develops ways of working and processes to execute and improve efficiency across the PRI
- Methodically tackles problems, working with colleagues where necessary
- Takes account of the needs of other colleagues and/or Signatories when considering how to execute a piece of work
- Promotes and utilises effective project management skills
Technical Competencies & Experience:
- Demonstrable ability to enhance the style and content of other people’s written work
- Excellent understanding of English grammar and usage, including the principles of plain English
- Experience in editing large publications/reports
- Able to define and work to realistic but ambitious deadlines
- Working knowledge of financial markets
- An interest in responsible investment, sustainability and ESG issues
- A collaborative and consultative approach to working with others and able to work with different levels both internally and externally
- Expert user of Microsoft Word, and comfortable with website content management systems
- Translation skills into and/or from any other major languages would be considered a bonus