- LOCATION: London
- SALARY: £38,000-58,000 p.a
- BASIS: Full-time, but flexibility can be provided
- DURATION: Permanent
- LEVEL: Senior Associate
- CLOSING DATE: 3rd July 6pm GMT
As part of the SDG team, we are looking for an experienced individual with working knowledge of the investment industry (both public and private markets) to manage SDG focused workstreams. The objective of the role is to identifying and supporting investors on how they can integrate the SDGs into investment practices across different asset classes within their fiduciary duty remits. To this end, you will be responsible for keeping abreast of global practices, and developing practice guidance, case studies, event content and be active in disseminating investment relevant SDG knowledge to mainstream investors. The role will report to the Head of SDGs.
- Foster deep subject matter expertise on SDGs and their relevance to mainstream investment
- Produce investor focused guidance material, research content and tools.
- Represent and promote PRI’s work at external events (requires travelling)
- Collaborate with key industry initiatives, including the Impact Management Project, and identify other initiatives to advance PRI’s SDG strategy
- Work collaboratively across different teams within PRI and build in-depth understanding of the interplay between investment practices, engagement, policy and disclosure
- Professionally manage PRI’s investor initiatives, including managing PRI advisory committee, which requires understanding and balancing different stakeholder needs
- Become familiar with PRI’s Reporting and Assessment Framework and support the R&A team with the revision of the R&A Framework
- Planning, budgeting and managing projects
- Proactively managing communications and stakeholder expectations (both internal and external)
- Provide regular reporting to the Head of SDG’s as required
PRI expects roles at a ‘Senior Associate’ and above within the organisation to demonstrate managerial skills across the following core competencies:
Technical Competencies & Requirements:
- Substantive experience of working within investment industry
- Masters-level education in the relevant field, ideally with studies in finance / investment management (e.g. CFA) as well as sustainability
- Subject matter expert in the Sustainable Development Goals and Environmental, Social and Governance issues, strong understanding of the interplay between those issues and investment practices
- Understanding of fundamental financial considerations in investment management and of both the asset owner and investment manager perspective
- Knowledge of the key industry players (investors, development finance institutions, governments, service providers, associations, standard setters etc)
- Strong project management and organisation skills and ability to manage diverse interests and expectations
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills. Experience of writing professional reports is a requisite
- Strong attention to detail with a creative and innovative mindset
- A collaborative and consultative approach to working with others, able to take ownership of challenges or complaints and see them through to resolution.
- Principles driven
- IT/system skills (Microsoft Office, website management systems, CRM, social media, webcasts, etc.)
- As this is a global role, international travel may be required.
- Language skills, other than English, are desirable