- LOCATION: Brussels, Paris or Berlin/Frankfurt (preferred) but flexible within Europe
- BASIS: Full time preferred, alternative working patterns will be considered
- SALARY: Competitive based on experience
- LEVEL: Senior Associate or Senior Specialist (depending on experience)
- CONTRACT TERM: Permanent
Sustainability and sustainable finance are key political priorities for the EU and key Member States. This is an exciting opportunity to an ambitious and successful team working on this important and dynamic agenda.
This is a newly created role in the PRI’s Policy team. The successful candidate will play a critical role in developing and implementing the PRI’s public policy strategy in Europe, both at an EU level and within key Member States. More information on the PRI’s policy approach can be found on our website.
The role reports to the Head of EU & UK Policy. The PRI is also hiring a Policy Analyst (Europe) , who this role will work closely
- Working with the Head of EU & UK Policy to develop and implement a policy engagement strategy in the EU and either France or Germany. This role will require regular travel within Europe.
- Developing draft policy positions, consistent with the implementation of PRI’s Mission Statement and the Six Principles. Seeking, calibrating and integrating feedback.
- Developing and maintaining high quality relationships with key policy makers, regulators, PRI Signatories and other stakeholders (for example, civil society, associations, academics).
- Analysing key developments relevant to the sustainable finance agenda. Overseeing communications (eg, newsletters, webinars, blogs) to help PRI Signatories understand and contribute to the developments.
- Representing the PRI in meetings with key stakeholders and at events. There may be speaking opportunities associated with the role.
- Analysing and synthesising research on risks and sustainability challenges in the financial system and the broader economy.
- Regular reporting to the Head of EU & UK Policy and Director of Policy & Research, as required.
PRI expects roles at a ‘Senior Associate level’ within the organisation to demonstrate skills across the following core competencies:
- Uses business knowledge and analysis to identify issues, applying fact-based insight to develop and evaluate options, offering solutions in a timely manner
- Identifies gaps in working practices that impact effectiveness and proposes solutions
- Maintains a professional and impartial stance in assessing all information which feeds into decision making
- Balances rigour with pragmatism in conducting analyses that are fit for purpose
- Effectively reviews and quality-checks all analyses
- Focuses on maximising Signatory or operational value and driving PRI outcomes
- Actively keeps up-to-date with developments both within the PRI and externally
- Utilises knowledge and experience across the PRI to ensure highest quality outputs are delivered
- Balances the internal needs of the PRI and that of Signatory Organisations to deliver outputs
- Understands how own area of responsibility drives value to the PRI and meets its mission
- Builds consensus and trust amongst team members and wider colleagues
- Is responsive to feedback, proactively following up to ensure any issues are resolved
- Proactively engages with colleagues in the wider organisation to gain a broader understanding of issues
- Flexes style and approach based on colleagues’ level of understanding and preferences
- Speaks in a variety of settings, varying style based on type of audience
- Uses a variety of innovative methods in presentations to engage the audience and improve their understanding
- Clarifies matters/issues by absorbing and understanding relevant information and feeding them back in concise terms
- Engages the recipient using their language, tailoring communication style for the audience
- Knows and leverages own strengths
- Actively seeks opportunities to enhance knowledge/ experience
- Gains input and facilitates challenge to improve processes and new ways of working
- Actively seeks and shares feedback wherever possible, as a means of improvement
- Maintains a local network of contacts to encourage knowledge sharing
- Has a strong sense of execution and delivery, working to agreed deadlines, involving relevant colleagues and allowing enough time for review and quality assurance
- Monitors and reports on progress, providing regular updates as appropriate
- Builds time into work plans or projects to assess performance and provide feedback
- Captures knowledge at the end of each project/ process/activity, to use and share
Technical Competencies & Experience:
- Proven track record of contributing to policy change in sustainability, finance or a related field in Brussels, Berlin and/or Paris. Previous experience of working on responsible investment / sustainable finance would be highly advantageous.
- Excellent written communication skills, with experience of writing in a concise, credible and persuasive manner.
- Excellent verbal presentation skills. The applicant will be required to represent the PRI with key stakeholders and may also take on public speaking opportunities on behalf of the PRI.
- Language skills: professional French and/or German in addition to English.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- A collaborative and consultative approach to others.
- The location for this role is flexible. Candidates should be comfortable with remote working systems and practices, and should be comfortable working alone or as part of a small office. Regular travel to the PRI’s HQ in London is encouraged.