- Loccation: London UK
- Salary: £45,000 - £52,000
- Closing date: 5:00pm, 29th Nov 2020 GMT (Europe/London)
The purpose of this role is to support the creation and ongoing development of new products and services and the underlying supporting technology systems, both for internal use and for external customers.
You will be voice of the Business, voice of the Customer and decision influencer. As a key member of the technology team you’ll work closely with the IT leadership and team in engaging Business Stakeholders to understand, articulate and communicate customer requirements. You’ll take ownership of products and services, defining the lifecycle of the product or service working within a small but growing technology team.
You will have excellent stakeholder management skills and confidence to challenge others in the right way. You’ll have the ability to manage a demanding workload, handle conflicting priorities and ideally have experience of working with global organisations in the ESG, Government, RegTech or the Financial Markets industry.
The work will be based primarily in the London time zone, but candidates will need to work and accommodate our international colleagues.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts analyse customers’ needs, the wider marketplace and regulatory environments to proactively identify areas of improvement for our products and services.
- Develop broad subject matter expertise on ESG and products/services under your remit
- In collaboration with business stakeholders create and get approval for business cases for new and ongoing development of products and services.
- Lead the requirements gathering efforts with the business and with customers
- Write user stories, acceptance criteria, stocking, grooming, prioritising backlog.
- Work with members of the technology team to ensure that solutions design aligns with the technology roadmaps and IT support capabilities.
- Produce release plans, participating in show and tells, planning and running user acceptance testing and ensuring regular communication with all interested parties occur.
- Support the IT leadership in managing projects, relationships and meetings between the business, technology resources and third parties.
- In collaboration with the IT Leadership and team develop a vision of what good looks like for PRI in agile product and services development.
- Promote the application of Agile methodologies and product management.
PRI expects roles at a ‘Specialist level’ within the organisation to demonstrate skills across the following core competencies:
- Proactively offers impartial specialist knowledge, insights or input
- Uses business/ specialist knowledge and analysis to identify issues, applying fact-based insight to develop and evaluate solutions or solve issues
- Maintains a professional and impartial stance in assessing all information which feeds into decision making
- Balances rigour with pragmatism in conducting analyses that are fit for purpose
- Effectively reviews and quality-checks all analyses
Focuses on maximising Signatory or operational value and driving PRI outcomes
- Actively keeps up-to-date with developments both within the organisation and within area of specialism
- Balances the internal needs of the PRI and that of Signatory Organisations to deliver outputs
- Understands how own area of specialism drives value to the PRI and meets its mission
- Builds consensus and trust with all that engage with
- Is responsive to feedback proactively following up to ensure any issues are resolved
- Where requested, engages with colleagues to gain a broader understanding of issues and seeks to respond to or resolve them
- Provides specialist knowledge and insights to colleagues where requested
- Translates specialist information or provides technical expertise in a clear and understandable format
- Clarifies matters by absorbing and understanding relevant information and feeding them back in concise terms
- Uses effective listening and questioning to enhance understanding of complex issues
- Engages the recipient using their language, tailoring communication style for the audience
- Actively seeks opportunities to enhance specialist knowledge/ experience
- Constantly reviews own work with the aim of improving outputs
- Applies knowledge or experience to question practices and suggest alternatives
- Actively seeks and shares feedback wherever possible, as a means of improvement
- Uses best practice identified through external networks or evolutions in the field of specialism
- Has a strong sense of execution and delivery, working to agreed deadlines, involving relevant colleagues and allowing enough time for review and quality assurance
- Regularly monitors and reports on progress of work, providing regular updates as appropriate
- Takes a methodical approach to how specialist or technical knowledge is acquired and, distributed (where necessary)
- Captures knowledge at the end of each project/ process/activity, to use and share
Technical competencies & experience:
- Extensive of experience as a Product Owner/Business Analyst or Systems Analyst in a technology, software development, SaaS, API and or services integration experience
- Proven experience of product development and delivery (at least 2 products), in a software and/or cloud-based environment. Including experience in the end-to-end product development lifecycle, i.e. you will have had a key role in at least one major software/SaaS/PaaS product development project from inception through to launch
- A solid grasp of the principles and application of user-centred design techniques and UX design
- Demonstrable experience of applying business analysis techniques to solve business problems
- Good knowledge and proven experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, drives for simplicity and clarity, able to facilitate requirement gathering workshops and confidently present and influence senior management
- A collaborative and consultative approach to working with others, committed to fostering an inclusive working environment
- Demonstrated understanding/interest of broader technology trends such as big data or cloud technologies is an advantage.
- A desire to work with a mission-based organisation and ideally with prior experience in a non for profit or similar.