- LOCATION: US (NY, SF or other US cities)
- BASIS: Full-time two years fixed-term contract (with possibility of extension)
- LEVEL: Senior Associate
- MANAGER: Senior Specialist, Climate and Energy Transitions
- SALARY: $60,000 to $75,000 p.a.
Supporting US investors to manage climate-related risks and opportunities is high priority for the PRI. This role sits in the climate team and will support PRI’s TCFD programme as well as adoption of outputs from the Inevitable Policy Response programme and the UN net zero Asset Owner Alliance in the US. The role requires deep expertise of investment practice, climate change, as well as excellent strategic and coordination skills.
- Advance the PRI’s TCFD programme including developing practical investor guidance, managing donor and stakeholder relationships, regulator and industry consultations.
- Support signatory wide adoption of the outputs from the Inevitable Policy Response (IPR) programme.
- US asset owner outreach.
- Management of investor relationships
- Procure or undertake research
- Monitor and track progress of the projects
- Build capacity in key markets.
- Presentation of research and analysis at PRI and 3rd party events.
- Write guidance, briefing documents or reports on the projects and topics
- Coordinate a network of relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate internally with different teams where appropriate
- Support internal knowledge sharing on environmental issues
- Support the Senior Specialist in delivering against the team’s business plan and budget
- Provide regular reporting to the Senior Specialist and Director of climate change as required
PRI expects roles at a ‘Senior Associate level’ within the organisation to demonstrate skills across the following core competencies:
- Uses business knowledge and analysis to identify issues, applying fact-based insight to develop and evaluate options, offering solutions in a timely manner
- Identifies gaps in working practices that impact effectiveness and proposes solutions
- Maintains a professional and impartial stance in assessing all information which feeds into decision making
- Balances rigour with pragmatism in conducting analyses that are fit for purpose
- Effectively reviews and quality-checks all analyses
- Focuses on maximising Signatory or operational value and driving PRI outcomes
- Actively keeps up-to-date with developments both within the PRI and externally
- Utilises knowledge and experience across the PRI to ensure highest quality outputs are delivered
- Balances the internal needs of the PRI and that of Signatory Organisations to deliver outputs
- Understands how own area of responsibility drives value to the PRI and meets its mission
- Builds consensus and trust amongst team members and wider colleagues
- Is responsive to feedback, proactively following up to ensure any issues are resolved
- Proactively engages with colleagues in the wider organisation to gain a broader understanding of issues
- Flexes style and approach based on colleagues’ level of understanding and preferences
- Speaks in a variety of settings, varying style based on type of audience
- Uses a variety of innovative methods in presentations to engage the audience and improve their understanding
- Clarifies matters/issues by absorbing and understanding relevant information and feeding them back in concise terms
- Engages the recipient using their language, tailoring communication style for the audience
- Knows and leverages own strengths
- Actively seeks opportunities to enhance knowledge/ experience
- Gains input and facilitates challenge to improve processes and new ways of working
- Actively seeks and shares feedback wherever possible, as a means of improvement
- Maintains a local network of contacts to encourage knowledge sharing
- Has a strong sense of execution and delivery, working to agreed deadlines, involving relevant colleagues and allowing enough time for review and quality assurance
- Monitors and reports on progress, providing regular updates as appropriate
- Builds time into work plans or projects to assess performance and provide feedback
- Captures knowledge at the end of each project/ process/activity, to use and share
Technical Competencies & Experience:
- Solid professional experience in financial analysis and reporting.
- Degree in a field related to finance, accounting and/or sustainability. A postgraduate qualifications in a similar field is desirable.
- Relevant work experience on TCFD, carbon metrics, physical climate risks and climate scenario planning would be advantageous.
- Experience of coordinating multi-stakeholder initiatives
- Excellent written communication and verbal presentation skills with the ability to deliver high quality briefings and reports with minimal supervision
- A collaborative and consultative approach to working with others
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills
- IT/system skills (Microsoft Office, CRM, social media, webcasts, etc.)
- Very good programme management skills, with experience in delivering successfully, including directing others that may not be your direct reports
- Some regional and international travel may be required.
- Must be eligible to work in the US
Initial interviews will be scheduled at the Beginning June.