PRI Webinar: Climate competent boards - What investors need to know
Investors around the world are increasingly getting attuned to the risks and opportunities that climate change presents at their portfolio companies. Following the Paris Climate Accord, several large investors have incorporated the consideration of climate risks into their proxy voting policies and engagement activities, often calling on boards of directors to be more climate aware in order to respond more aggressively to the challenges and opportunities that climate change presents.
The 50/50 Climate Project and the PRI invite you to a webinar where investors will share their views on what climate competency on boards means, why it’s important and how boards can reconfigure themselves to more effectively manage and oversee climate issues as well as set long-term corporate strategies that incorporate considerations around the impacts of climate change to their business.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Anne Simpson, Investment Director, Sustainability, California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS)
- Kirsty Jenkinson, Managing Director and Sustainable Investment Strategist, Wespath Investment Management
- Rakhi Kumar, Managing Director, Head of Corporate Governance, State Street Global Advisors
- Michelle Edkins, Managing Director, Global Head of Investment Stewardship, BlackRock
- Edward Kamonjoh, Executive Director, 50/50 Climate Project
- Moderator: Nell Minow, Vice Chair of ValueEdge Advisors, Co-founder of GMI Ratings and The Corporate Library
This webinar has reached capacity so we are unable to register more people. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
|Hosted by 50/50 Climate Project & the PRI.|
This webinar links to the UN's Sustainable Development Goals Number 13: Climate Action