PRI is organising a water field trip to identify the drivers and strategies for water management by agricultural and infrastructure companies within the Californian context .
In recent years, California has experienced drought and is also addressing long term water challenges. The agricultural sector and infrastructure supporting California’s water users have had to adapt given the variability in water availability.
Investors will also understand the catchment context that companies and utilities operate in, the type and value of collective action and the role of government in managing water.
The field trip will take place over 2 days and will include visits to:
- an agricultural site
- an infrastructural facility
- a winery
Further details are to be confirmed. Participants will receive an overview on the California and water context; briefings/presentations from each site; and an opportunity to engage with the company on their water management policies and practices.
Dates: Sunday 9 September (evening) to Tuesday 11 September (evening).
Location: The trip will start in Los Angeles and conclude in San Francisco in time for the main PRI in Person 2018.
Fee: USD $630
- The fee includes: Ground transport between the hotels and sites from 10-11 September; Food and soft drinks: Lunches (Monday and Tuesday), Dinners (Sunday and Monday); Wine tasting on Tuesday.
- The fee excludes: Flights into Los Angeles; Flights from San Francisco; Accommodation; Breakfast; Travel insurance; Alcohol (excl. wine tasting on Tuesday).
- Sunday 9 September: Hilton LAX. The room cost is USD $135.00 (excluding taxes). Breakfast is $26.00
- Monday 10 September: Radisson Hotel Fresno. The room cost is USD $123.93 (excluding taxes). Breakfast is $13.50.
There are 5 places left and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Signatories can register below.
The PRI is partnering with the CEO Water Mandate to organise the site visits.
Various locations, California
The PRI | Contact email@example.com