Date: Monday 6 May 2019
Time: 12:30- 15:00
Location: Press Club Brussels Europe asbl, Rue Froissart 95, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
Join the PRI, Fern and Aidenvironment on 6 May for an event on Responsible Investment into Sustainable, Deforestation-free Supply chains – which EU policies do we need?
Focusing on Brazil, this event will discuss how the EU’s agriculture, finance and investment policies can help companies achieve sustainable and deforestation-free supply chains. Panellists will present best practices and explore what additional measures are needed to ensure that neither products placed on the EU market nor the EU financial sector contribute to deforestation.
Click here for more information.
Please note, pre-registration is mandatory. Kindly register below by 29 April 2019.
- Tim Steinweg, Consultant, Aidenvironment
Sustainability and financial risks for investors in agricultural supply chains in Brazil
- Peter van der Werf, Director, Active Ownership, Robeco
Role for investors to achieve change at investee companies and what is needed from policy makers
- Cristina Hastings-Newsome, Global Sustainability, Louis Dreyfus Company
LDC’s zero-deforestation/conversion policies and participation in the Soft Commodities Forum
- Zsofia Kerecsen, Corporate Governance team, European Commission, Directorate General Justice
European Commission actions in the field of sustainable corporate governance
- DG Agriculture, requested, tbc
EU-Brazil agricultural trade, deforestation and policy solutions
- 7-10 minute presentations by each speaker followed by a panel discussion
- Moderated discussion for 15 minutes, open discussion for 45 Minutes
Moderated by: Nicole Polsterer from Fern
Organised by: Fern, Aidenvironment and the PRI
Press Club Brussels Europe asbl, Rue Froissart 95, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
Fern, Aidenvironment & The PRI | Contact: email@example.com