Date: 26 July 2018
Time: 08:00 – 09:00 PST | 11:00 – 12:00 EDT | 16:00-17:00 BST
This September, global institutional investors will convene in San Francisco along with government leaders, scientists, students and citizens for the Global Climate Action Summit. The Summit, co-chaired by the Governor of California, Jerry Brown, and other climate leaders, aims to serve as a progress checkpoint and ideas sharing forum in anticipation of the Paris 2020 climate talks. Conversations will be organized under five key areas: Healthy Energy Systems, Inclusive Economic Growth, Sustainable Communities, Land and Ocean Stewardship and Transformative Climate Investments. This last pillar challenges institutional investors to scale up climate aware investments, foster innovation, and accelerate the transition to a low carbon economy.
What do investors need to know about the challenges that will be introduced at the Summit? Join us for a webinar where we will hear from the California Governor’s office senior advisor on infrastructure and energy, followed by an overview of the frameworks and tools that can be critical in meeting the call to action, including scenario analysis, climate metrics, low carbon indexes, portfolio analytics and reporting.
- Travis Antoniono, Investment Officer, Corporate Governance California State Teachers’ Retirement System
- Aimee Barnes, Senior Advisor to the Govenor of California, CA Governor’s Office
- Chris Fowle, Head of Americas, PRI
- Laura Nishikawa, Executive Director, ESG Research, MSCI
- Anne Simpson, Investment Director, Sustainability, CalPERS
The PRI and MSCI | Contact email@example.com