Date: Thursday, 11 June 2020
Time: 3:00pm BST
PRI and Vivid Economics present the latest outputs from the pioneering project the Inevitable Policy Response – focussing on the value of nature-based solutions and the opportunities for global investors.
- An inevitable policy response to climate change will increase the breadth and ambition of forest policy, with enormous growth potential for nature-based solutions.
- This large-scale climate forestry effort will involve massive increases in finance, ramped up rapidly across multiple regions.
- Forest-based carbon stocks can generate nearly US$7.7 trillion in net present value through to 2050, increasingly relying on private sector financing mechanisms delivered through novel business models.
- Investors will need to move early and support market development over the near-term in order to position themselves to take advantage of large medium and long term opportunities.
- Thomas Kansy, Director, Vivid Economics
- Jeanett Bergan, Head of Responsible Investment, KLP Asset Management
- Gemma James, Head of Environmental Issues, PRI
- Moderated by: Sagarika Chatterjee, Director of Climate Change, PRI
The PRI | Contact: email@example.com