If you are experiencing difficulties accessing this webinar, please click here to view the webinar on our BrightTALK website
In May 2021, the PRI and Asian Corporate Governance Association (ACGA) co-hosted this webinar, as part of a series of webinars focused on corporate governance in Asia, and explored the outlook for corporate governance in SE Asia in 2021. A panel of experts shared their views on areas of progress in terms of regulation and disclosure and provide recommendations for investors on engagement and voting. The discussion addressed some of the below questions:
- What are some of the common corporate governance issues that take priority in the region, given most companies tend to be state or family controlled?
- To what extent do local investors actively engage with companies? What are some the unique challenges they face in building the momentum for change?
- What are the connections between corporate governance and public governance in Southeast Asia?
- Jamie Allen, Secretary General, ACGA
- Ben McCarron, Founder & Managing Director, Asia Research & Engagement
- Dr. Srikanya Yathip, Secretary General, GPF Thailand
- Pauline Ng, Managing Director & Head of ASEAN Equities (Emerging Markets and Asia Pacific Equities Group), JP Morgan Asset Management
- Mak Yuen Teen, Associate Professor, NUS Business School
Vaishnavi Ravishankar, Senior Analyst, ESG, PRI