This snapshot explores active ownership practices for listed equities in 2017. It paints a picture of historical practices among our global signatory base; similar analysis was performed in 2020.
It is an online tool that provides public access to key elements of data from PRI’s annual signatory reporting. Each snapshot records data on a specific area of activity. This snapshot focuses entirely on engagement and proxy voting.
It highlights questions, such as:
- How common is it to set specific objectives for majority of engagements?
- What methods signatories typically use to monitor their engagements?
- Is insight from engagements shared with portfolio managers?
- Are managers using their clients’ voting policy make voting decisions?
- To what extent are SP recommendations reviewed?