This snapshot explores active ownership practices for listed equities in 2017. It paints a picture of historical practices among our global signatory base; similar analysis was performed in 2020.
It is an online tool that provides public access to key elements of data from PRI’s annual signatory reporting. Each snapshot records data on a specific area of activity. This snapshot focuses entirely on engagement and proxy voting.
It highlights questions, such as:
- How common is it to set specific objectives for majority of engagements?
- What methods signatories typically use to monitor their engagements?
- Is insight from engagements shared with portfolio managers?
- Are managers using their clients’ voting policy make voting decisions?
- To what extent are SP recommendations reviewed?
How to use this report
The report is interactive and allows you to customise the data. When reviewing the data set in each slide there are a couple of things to remember:
- Most pages have a set of controls on the left-hand side that filter the data. These controls allow you to set filters on geographic region and signatory type (asset owner / asset manager). You can select multiple boxes in a group by holding CTRL when clicking.
- To move to the next page click on the grey bar at the bottom and the arrows at the bottom right to expand the report.
- If you hover over any data points a box will appear showing further information about that data set including the denominator & numerator, % or AUM, data year and other information. Right clicking also shows the data in a summary data table.