UN Alliance for SDG Finance
Together, the UN Global Compact, the UN Environment Finance Initiative (UNEP-FI) and the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) constitute the largest networks of private and financial sector constituencies — corporates, investors, banks and insurers — dedicated to promoting the SDGs.
With the Global Alliance on SDG Finance, we are joining forces with three distinct but highly complementary platforms on SDG finance, providing a comprehensive set of solutions to mobilise private capital in achieving the global goals:
- UN Global Compact Financial Innovation for the SDGs
- UNEP-FI Principles for Positive Impact
- PRI Blueprint & Advisory Group on the SDGs
- EDUCATE. Bring clarity to different private sector players on the business relevance of sustainable development.
- ENGAGE. Facilitate dialogue between key stakeholders in the pursuit of SDG business and finance solutions.
- OPERATIONALISE. Provide standards, frameworks and innovative solutions to operationalise the transition to an impact-based economy.
Each platform contributes to a common set of critical solutions in mobilising private capital for the SDGs. This includes:
- Investment case for the SDGs
- Definitions and frameworks to "qualify" financial products and activities under the SDGs (principles, reporting, benchmarking)
- Guide to incorporate the SDGs in investment decisions (asset allocation, financial analysis and engagement)
- Research and analytics
- Map of innovative financial products for the SDGs
- Lab for development and testing of new solutions
Who we work with
- Investors: Asset owners and investment managers in search of profitable investments and impact aligned with the SDGs
- Financial institutions: Banks, insurance and investment companies – looking to develop a market for SDG investments
- Companies: Real economy companies looking to finance and scale their activities in support of the SDGs
- International organisations, states and municipalities: To blend public and private finance for the SDGs
Description of the platforms
UN Global Compact Financial Innovation for the SDGs
UNEP-FI Principles for Positive Impact
PRI Blueprint & Advisory Group on the SDGs
- PRI Blueprint and SDG work program
- The SDG Investment Case
- Guidance on incorporation of SDGs in asset allocation
- SDGs and active ownership
- SDGs, KPIs and performance measurement