The PRI is inviting its signatories to contribute directly to the strategy and execution of its Hedge Funds programme.
The PRI’s Investment Practices team takes an asset class/investment-specific approach to support signatories’ implementation of the six Principles. Each programme is supported by a signatory-led advisory committee which helps the PRI create and implement strategies for: outreach and industry engagement; clarification on how ESG relates to risks and opportunities; highlighting examples of best practices; and supporting implementation of the six Principles.
Please review the PRI Hedge Funds Advisory Committee Terms of Reference for an overview of the members’ roles and commitments. Membership is refreshed periodically, in line with PRI’s governance rules, and the PRI does its best to maintain a fair representation of the PRI Hedge Funds signatory base in the committee.
The decisions on new membership will be made in consultation with existing committee members.
- available to start from August 2020 for a three-year term;
- four 60-90 minute committee meetings per year;
- of those meetings – at least one in-person committee meeting per year;
- preparation, contributions and follow-up actions for committee meetings; and
- additional involvement in work streams (e.g. voluntary contributions to sub-committees or working groups, producing case studies or research, speaking on event panels or webinars, engaging media, hosting meetings etc.).
The PRI is seeking four new signatory members for the Hedge Fund Advisory Committee; Committee members:
- should be relatively senior within their organisation;
- should add to the broad and diverse range of skills, backgrounds and expertise that exists within the committee; and
- should ideally have demonstrated proactive interest/a history of activity with the PRI Hedge Funds programme and/or leadership on responsible investment in the asset class.
The deadline for application is 31st August 2020.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- short bio of the person applying (300 words max);
- short explanation of the applicant’s role within their organisation (150 words);
- why they would like to join the committee (150 words); and
- details of any relevant industry associations they already participate in.