The PRI is inviting its signatories to contribute directly to the strategy and execution of its private equity programme.
The PRI’s Investment Practices team takes an asset class-specific approach to support signatories’ implementation of the six Principles. Each programme is supported by a signatory-led advisory committee which helps the PRI create and implement strategies for: outreach and industry engagement; clarification on how ESG relates to risks and opportunities; highlighting examples of best practices; and supporting the implementation of the six Principles.
Please review the PRI Private Equity Advisory Committee (PEAC) Terms of Reference for an overview of the members’ roles and commitments. Membership is refreshed periodically, in line with PRI’s governance rules, and the PRI does its best to maintain a fair representation of the PRI PE signatory base in the PEAC.
The outgoing members (who have completed their three-year terms) are:
- Tammy Bodnar, CPPIB
- James Holley, Bridgepoint
- Nicole Wilson, PSP
- Available to start from January 2021 for a three-year term;
- Four 90 minute committee meetings per year;
- Preparation, contributions and follow-up actions for committee meetings; and
- Additional involvement in workstreams (e.g. voluntary contributions to working groups, producing case studies or research, speaking on event panels or webinars, engaging media etc.).
The PRI is seeking three new signatory members for the PEAC; Limited Partners with specific exposure to private equity and General Partners only.
- Should be relatively senior within their organisation;
- Should add to the broad and diverse range of skills, backgrounds and expertise that exists within the PEAC; and
- Should ideally have demonstrated proactive interest/a history of activity with the PRI PE programme and/or leadership on responsible investment in private equity.
The deadline for application is October 31st, 2020. Please send your expressions of interest to email@example.com with:
- A short bio (300 words max);
- A short explanation of your role within your organisation (150 words);
- Why you would like to join the PEAC (150 words); and
- Details of any relevant industry associations you have already participated in.