The PRI is inviting its signatories to contribute directly to the strategy and execution of its real estate programme, which will succeed the long-standing Property Working Group (PWG) coordinated by the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI).
From January 2022, the PRI will take on the UNEP FI’s property investment programme. This is a strategic move to join UNEP FI’s present thought and practice leadership on responsible property investment to a much larger base of institutions represented by PRI and its greater depth in ESG integration across all investment products.
To support the further development of the real estate programme within the PRI, we are establishing a new Real Estate Advisory Committee (REAC). This will bring our work on real estate into line with our work on other asset classes, in which each programme is supported by a signatory-led advisory committee which helps the PRI create and implement strategies for: outreach and industry engagement; clarification on how ESG relates to risks and opportunities; highlighting examples of best practices; and supporting the implementation of the six Principles.
Please review the REAC Terms of Reference for an overview of the members’ roles and commitments. Membership will be refreshed periodically, in line with PRI’s governance rules, and the PRI will do its best to maintain a fair representation of the PRI real estate signatory base in the REAC.
- Available to start from January 2022;
- Four committee meetings per year;
- Preparation, contributions, and follow-up actions for committee meetings; and
- Additional involvement in workstreams (e.g., voluntary contributions to working groups, producing case studies or research, speaking on event panels or webinars, engaging media etc.).
- Should be employed at a PRI signatory;
- Should be relatively senior within their organisation;
- Should support our goal to bring a diverse range of skills, backgrounds and expertise to the REAC; and
- Should ideally have demonstrated commitment and contributions to advancing the responsible investment agenda in real estate (for example, through current or prior involvement in the UNEP FI PWG or other relevant industry groups).
To apply for the Real Estate Advisory Committee, PRI signatories should complete this application form by Friday 5th November.
For questions about PRI’s real estate workstream and advisory committee, please contact email@example.com.