The formal period for signatories to join the Nature Reference Group is now closed. Signatories still interested in this group may contact Bethany Davies (email@example.com).
Nature, and the ecosystem services it provides, underpin our economy and societies globally. Yet, an unprecedented loss of biodiversity is occurring worldwide and threatening the resilience of financial and economic systems.
The Nature Reference Group aims to build investor capacity for addressing nature and biodiversity loss, by providing a forum for signatories to advance their awareness of nature-related impacts, dependencies, risks and opportunities. Convenings will focus on investment practices where participants can share their experiences with relevant tools, disclosure frameworks, and initiatives. Members of the reference group will further be invited to feed into PRI’s broader capacity building efforts on the topic of nature, including the development of relevant products and guidance.
The PRI is aiming to maintain a fair representation of its signatory base within this group (signatory type and geographic location).
If you are interested in joining, please review the group’s Terms of Reference for an overview of the group’s objectives and members roles and commitments.
- Be available from June 2023 onwards until the end of 2025.
- Participate in reference group meetings (one 1-hour call every 3 months).
- Share information on updates and developments in the member’s jurisdiction and/or area of expertise.
- Provide feedback on PRI’s content and programme strategy (as appropriate in reference group meetings or ad hoc requests to review future PRI guidance on nature).
Group members are appointed by the PRI Executive based on the following criteria:
- Is a PRI signatory.
- Organisational interest and/or experience on the issue of nature and biodiversity loss, with a willingness to advance their investment practices and policies on nature.
- Ability and commitment from the organisation to contribute experience and time to the objectives of the Group (minimum time commitment: one 1-hour call every 3 months).
Through this Nature Reference Group, the PRI aims to see investors develop investment practices and policies that address nature-related issues, hence the above requirement for members to be willing to advance their practices and to share information on their progress.
The formal application period is now over. However, signatories may still express interest in joining directly with Bethany Davies (firstname.lastname@example.org). Appointments will be made following an assessment of organisational ambition/experience and ability to contribute to the group’s objectives.