If you are experiencing difficulties accessing this webinar, please click here to view the webinar on our BrightTALK website
Adopted in December 2022 at the UN Biodiversity Conference COP15, the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework (GBF) is a landmark agreement adopted by 196 countries to guide global action on biodiversity and nature. As biodiversity loss reaches unprecedented rates, the GBF provides a framework for bold action and policy alignment across economic sectors, with a clear call to align public and private financial flows with its goals and targets.
In the run-up to COP15, institutional investors showed their strong support for an ambitious and enabling GBF, with over 150 financial institutions - representing over USD 24 trillions of assets under management - signing a statement coordinated by the UNEP Finance Initiative (UNEP FI), Finance for Biodiversity Foundation, and the PRI.
In this webinar, we will explore the type of actions that leading investors are undertaking to contribute to the goal of the GBF to “halt and reverse biodiversity loss by 2030” and discuss the wider direction of travel for the financial sector to meet both climate and nature goals.
- Flora Gaber, Manager ESG Analysis, AP7
- Basile van Harve, Co-chair for the Convention on Biological Diversity’s Open-Ended Working Group
- Peter Mennie, Chief Sustainable Investment Officer, Private Markets, Manulife Investment Management
- Nicolas Poolen, Senior Manager, Finance Engagement, WFF International
- Diane Roissard, ESG Quantitative Analyst, La Banque Postale Asset Management
- Sylvaine Rols, Senior Specialist, PRI