The PRI and the Asian Corporate Governance Association (ACGA) are excited to partner in organising a three-part series of webinars on Corporate Governance in Asia, with each focusing on a specific country or region including China, Southeast Asia and India.
This webinar will focus on investor expectations, current practice, and outlook for corporate governance in China in 2021. A panel of experts will share their views on levels of trust and corporate transparency, highlight areas of progress and provide recommendations for investors on engagement and voting. The discussion will address some of the below questions:
- Where do we see divergences in terms of foreign investors’ expectations of good governance and the ground reality?
- Have international investors started to make some progress in tackling some of the language and cultural barriers?
- How have corporate boards dealt with COVID-19 related governance challenges, in comparison to their western counterparts?
- Jamie Allen, Secretary General, ACGA
- Nana Li, Research and Project Director - China, ACGA
- Karine Hirn, Partner, East Capital
- Wilson Wei, ESG Analyst, E Fund Management Co., Ltd.
- Zeng Ying, Partner, Ziding Proxy
Vaishnavi Ravishankar, Senior Analyst, ESG, PRI