This PRI statement supports efforts by the IFRS Foundation and IOSCO to develop a globally shared baseline for reporting on sustainability-related financial information, encourages continued work towards this objective and calls for interoperability between the future IFRS Sustainability Disclosure Standards and jurisdictional initiatives.
It also recognises the rapid progress by the ISSB since its inauguration, including clarifications by the ISSB on key concepts such as “materiality” and “sustainability” and requirements thus far confirmed by the Board on reporting:
- Sustainability information at the same time as financial statements.
- Scope 1, Scope 2 and Scope 3 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Effects of climate-related risks / opportunities on strategy and decision-making, including transition plans and information on climate-related targets.
- Assumptions / dependencies associated with transition plans, scope of climate-related targets and how international or regional climate agreements have informed transition planning.
- The use of climate-related scenario analysis to report on climate resilience and to identify climate-related risks and opportunities as well as the provision of guidance thereof.
- PDF, Size 0.18 mb