The PRI is inviting its signatories to contribute directly to the strategy and execution of its private equity programme.
The PRI’s Investment Practices team takes an asset class-specific approach to support signatories’ implementation of the six Principles. Each programme is supported by a signatory-led advisory committee which helps the PRI create and implement strategies for: outreach and industry engagement; clarification on how ESG relates to risks and opportunities; highlighting examples of best practices; and supporting implementation of the six Principles.
Please review the PRI Private Equity Advisory Committee (PEAC) Terms of Reference for an overview of the members’ roles and commitments. Membership is refreshed periodically, in line with PRI’s governance rules, and the PRI does its best to maintain a fair representation of the PRI PE signatory base in the PEAC.
The decisions on new membership will be made in consultation with existing PEAC members (see the list here). The outgoing members (who have completed their three-year terms) are:
- Beth Lowery, TPG
- David Russell, USS
- Ellen de Kreij, Apax Partners
- Lee Coker, Oak Hill Capital
- Marta Jankovic, APG
- available to start from January 2019 for a three-year term;
- four 60-90 minute committee meetings per year;
- of those meetings – at least one in-person committee meeting per year;
- preparation, contributions and follow-up actions for committee meetings; and
- additional involvement in work streams (e.g. voluntary contributions to sub-committees or working groups, producing case studies or research, speaking on event panels or webinars, engaging media, hosting meetings etc.).
The PRI is seeking four new signatory members for the PEAC; Limited Partners and General Partners only. PEAC members:
- should be relatively senior within their organisation;
- should add to the broad and diverse range of skills, backgrounds and expertise that exists within the PEAC; and
- should ideally have demonstrated proactive interest/a history of activity with the PRI PE programme and/or leadership on responsible investment in private equity.
The deadline for application is Monday 26 October. Please send your application to email@example.com with:
- short bio of the person applying (300 words max);
- short explanation of the applicant’s role within their organisation (150 words);
- why they would like to join the PEAC (150 words); and
- details of any relevant industry associations they already participate in.
Signatories can sign up for monthly updates from the PRI private equity programme via the Signatory Portal. For any questions about the programme, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.