Since 2020, PRI signatories have been required to report to the PRI on several indicators regarding their management of risks and opportunities related to climate change. These indicators are modelled on the disclosure framework of the Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-related Disclosures (TCFD).
The TCFD and its recommendations have been endorsed by over 1,000 organisations in 55 countries, including financial firms managing over $138 trillion in assets. Beginning in 2021, public disclosure of PRI signatories’ reporting on these indicators is mandatory, and signatories’ responses will be scored.
NZAM Initiative commitments
- The PRI has prepared a resource guide for reporting against the Net Zero Asset Manager (NZAM) Initiative commitments. This guide is applicable to NZAM members only.
PRI and external reports
- The PRI asset owner guide to TCFD: actions for asset owners, questions for consultants, investor examples and a chapter on climate scenarios.
- The TCFD Knowledge Hub: an online portal for published resources on TCFD.
- Net Zero Investment Framework from the Institutional Investors’ Group on Climate Change.
- Beyond the Horizon: New Tools and Frameworks for Transition Risk Assessments from the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative.
Climate scenario analysis
Directory of climate scenario tools: free-to-use and commercially available climate scenario tools can help make it easier for investors to implement a key recommendation of the TCFD – scenario planning.
PRI signatory reporting on the 2020 climate indicators
- Climate snapshot report: analysis of investors’ response to the PRI 2020 climate risk indicators
- The TCFD recommendations and the 2021 PRI reporting cycle: overview of TCFD and 2021 PRI climate reporting framework (February 8, 2021)
- The TCFD recommendations and the 2020 PRI reporting cycle: overview of TCFD and 2020 PRI climate reporting framework
- Climate scenario analysis and PACTA: overview of climate scenarios, PACTA and California Insurance Commissioner.
- TCFD: leaders and challenges: joint webinar with the IFoA, Aviva and Carbon Delta