This session, which is part of World Antimicrobial Awareness Week, will provide a comprehensive update on the progress of the IAoAMR Initiative and recent efforts from the investor community to address AMR using a ‘One Health’ approach. The event will offer an opportunity to discuss the latest efforts to quantify the health and economic costs of AMR as well as illuminating key gaps and necessary focus areas for the year ahead.
Using a One Health approach, this expert session will highlight new evidence and key progress against superbugs from the human, animal and environmental perspectives, including a progress update on behalf of the Initiative’s investor partners. New research will be presented from the 2021 Antimicrobial Resistance Benchmark, which will unpack the actions of pharmaceutical companies, as well as the latest research into antimicrobial stewardship in the animal health industry from the FAIRR Initiative’s Feeding Resistance report. A panel of experts from the investing, policy and industry worlds will discuss where greater alignment can increase the pace of action to tackle the urgent global health and economic threat of AMR.
- Dame Sally Davies, UK Special Envoy on Antimicrobial Resistance
- Damiano de Felice, Director of Strategy, Access to Medicine Foundation
- Fatema Rafiqi, Research Programme Manager, Access to Medicine Foundation
- Maria Lettini, Executive Director, FAIRR Initiative
- Jo Raven, Senior Manager, Research & Engagements, FAIRR Initiative
- Fiona Reynolds, CEO, PRI
- Maria Ortino, Global ESG Manager, LGIM
- Pol Vandenbroucke, Chief Medical Officer, Pfizer
- Matthew Tebeau, Chief Operating Officer, Proteon Pharmaceuticals
- Tetsuro Takase, Director ESG, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust International