Planetary boundaries are fast approaching, economic inequality is growing, and the achievement of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals is at stake. In response, legal frameworks and societal expectations regarding the role of investors are evolving in a number of jurisdictions. In this context, can investors afford to ignore the real-world outcomes of their investments? How do investors’ activities interrelate with sustainability outcomes? This session seeks to explore these questions by considering different perspectives on why investing with sustainability outcomes is relevant for investors.
- Philipp Hildebrand, Vice Chairman, BlackRock
- Karen Karniol-Tambour, Co‐Chief Investment Officer for Sustainability, Bridgewater Associates
- Nathalie Lhayani, Head of Sustainability, Caisse des Dépôts Group
- Anders Strömblad, Head of Alternative Investments, AP2
- Gavin Power, Chief of Sustainable Development and International Affairs, PIMCO