The PRI invites academic researchers to submit papers that focus on responsible investment for the PRI Academic Network Conference 2021. The conference will be held on Monday 13 September 2021 in Tokyo in person or virtually.
This one day conference in sustainability is an opportunity for academics and investors to engage with each other, learn and discuss the latest insights, and to network. It takes place the day before PRI in Person 2021.
Papers should focus on the following topics:
The development of a sustainable financial system
- ESG investing and investment horizons
- Risk management in the context of RI
- ESG‐related regulatory developments (for e.g. EU sustainable finance)
- Fiduciary duty
- Sustainable pension systems
- The role of financial regulators
- Transition risks
The role of responsible investment in meeting global goals
- Investing for impact / outcomes
- Diversity and inclusion
- Artificial intelligence
- Climate change
- Energy transition
- Biodiversity and conservation
- Financial performance
- Fixed income and ESG investment performance
- Behavioural finance and investment biases: implications for RI
- Corporate reporting (e.g. TCFD) and ESG disclosure
- Engagement strategies
- Hard to abate sectors and corporate emission reductions
- Incentives, corporate culture and long-term value creation
We encourage both theoretical and empirical contributions from diverse disciplines such as accounting, economics, finance, law, management, and other subjects in the social and natural sciences.
How to submit a paper
You should submit your paper via email to email@example.com.
Please ensure you follow these submission guidelines:
- Include ’2021 PRI Academic Network Conference – Paper submission’ in the email subject line.
- Copy all co‐authors into the email.
- For each paper submitted, include:
- one anonymized PDF, and
- one PDF that lists all coauthors.
- State how you’d be willing to participate if your paper gets accepted:
- 1-day in person conference in Tokyo only,
- 5-day virtual conference only;
We can only accept:
- Full papers (not extended abstracts).
- Papers in English (maximum of 60 pages).
- Working papers only (not published or forthcoming papers).
- A maximum of two papers per author (use separate emails for each submission).
Accepted papers will be featured on the PRI website unless otherwise agreed. Past conference papers can be found here: www.unpri.org/academicresearch.
We’ll review submissions according to this criteria:
- Contribution to responsible investment research
- Originality of subject of study or approach
- Methodological strength
- The practical significance of the research
|1 May 2021||Submission deadline for all papers|
|31 May 2021||Notification to applicants|
|10 September 2021||Presentation slides to be sent to the PRI ahead of the conference|
- For submission queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org;
- For conference queries, please contact email@example.com.
We would like to acknowledge the generous support of our sponsors