As communicated in the Board Letter last August, the PRI committed to improve the quality of 2021 outputs and engage in a comprehensive data collection and review process. We have now implemented the requested changes in the Reporting Tool on behalf of signatories, and are in the process of conducting additional data quality checks and testing of the Data Portal before releasing the amended private Transparency Reports in March.
In 2021, the PRI launched a pilot Reporting Framework and new Reporting Tool. However, due to errors with the question pathway logic in the new Reporting Tool, some signatories were able to submit their 2021 PRI reports with an incomplete dataset, leading to missing data in their reports. To improve the value of outputs for 2021 reporting, the PRI committed to engage in a comprehensive data collection and review process.
Since then, the PRI has:
- Worked with a recognised external provider to identify and validate missing data in signatories’ 2021 reports;
- Released private Transparency Reports in the new Data Portal, and informed signatories of missing data and indicator errors specific to their reports;
- Worked with signatories to collect missing data;
- Implemented changes to signatories’ 2021 reports in the Reporting Tool;
- Gathered feedback from signatories about issues in the new Data Portal;
- Implemented new Data Portal testing mechanisms;
- Worked with an external consultant to conduct quality assurance of amendments made to signatories’ 2021 reports.
A sincere thank you to all those who reviewed their 2021 private Transparency Reports in the Data Portal for data errors. Your collaborative efforts have helped PRI improve the quality of 2021 outputs, and identify improvement areas with the new Data Portal.
We have accepted and implemented changes requested in accordance with our Data Change Policy. We are now in the process of conducting additional data quality checks and testing of the new Data Portal.
We intend to re-upload the amended private Transparency Reports to the Data Portal in March 2022. All signatories will be able to view their updated 2021 Transparency Reports in the Data Portal. Signatories that had amendments made to their reports during the Data Collection process will have a two-week window to flag potential concerns with their amended reports, before we finalise the 2021 dataset.
We intend to release the 2021 public Transparency Reports (for investors and service providers) and private Assessment Reports (for investors) by June 2022, alongside an updated assessment methodology.